Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Downtown, Inglewood and Riverwalk

    October 12, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 0 °C

    We had lunch at Sunterra Marché in Downtown Calgary. They had a sumptuous selection of salads and cold meats and even pies and sweet pastries. I enjoyed my roasted herb turkey and cranberry mixed grains salad.

    Then we shopped around for a bit, afterwards, off we went to Inglewood. When we alighted at Fair's Fair book shop, mom screamed when we realised that we were missing our shopping bag! Amazingly, when my sister and I went back to the bus stop where we thought it was inadvertently left, it was still at the exact spot! Definitely something to remember Calgarians about.

    Inglewood was a quaint suburb--the shops were for niché market, one featured yarns and crochet items, another dedicated itself to vintage, vinyl records. We had a taste of the award winning Inglewood Pizza known for its brick oven cooked pizza, and indeed we were satisfied with every bite when we partook it at the Bow River walk.

    The River Walk was very picturesque. The autumn foliage was at its soulful swan song, and a hint of sunset rays kindled everything into a burst of golden light. There was even a patch of plant there that reminded me of the fields where Russell Crowe's character meandered in Ridley Scott's 'The Gladiator.'

    After taking heaps of snapshots, we found ourselves back at Chinatown, then had another go at the Thai Bistro and we ordered their delicious pad Thai for takeout. Then Mom and Dad returned to Hotel Alma while my sister and I went back to her place to get the luggages we require to complete our packing for our departure on Saturday.
    Read more