Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Illuminations Appreciation

    November 17, 2019 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    We then made our way to Grand Front Osaka, a large shopping centre. This involved battling through a sea of black and white clad salarymen (and women), as well as numerous culturally diverse tourists. It was tricky navigating through them in the huge, interconnected network of underground walkways.

    In Grand Front Osaka, we selected Cafe Muji as our venue for dinner. It operated like IKEA's café, where people had to select their meals from the display window and then take their trays back to their claimed seat. We were thoroughly delighted with their meal selections. I had crumbed fried mackerel, my sister and Dad had some fried chicken, whereas Mom had chicken and kale hamburger patty.

    We then went to check out the mall's Christmas Tree display. It paled in comparison to the Christmas Trees back home. It did not look as impressive as the photo featured in Osaka's Illuminations magazine article.

    We then strolled along the Midosuji Illuminations on the way to the Osaka City Hall. At first we passed through blue-lit trees, then a champagne gold grove and then a mix of sakura pink and more blue. After taking some pictures with the "Welcome to Osaka" sign, we took a train to Namba, then exited to Dotonburi.
    Read more