Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Day 9🇩🇪

    July 29, 2022 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    Woke up in Fürth, a small village near Nürnberg, Germany. We went into town early to get breakfast and walk around before our train for Berlin. Stopped at a local bakery and got a few pastries and a coffee from the nearby Starbucks. I felt quite tired so I was a bit grumpy that morning (sorry Lampros!).
    Today is a big day of travelling, since our final destination will be Copenhagen, Denmark. It’s a big trip with 5 different trains to catch. There are direct trains to Copenhagen from Hamburg but they’re all booked and we can’t get any seats. So it’ll have to be that way! We are prepared!
    Getting to Berlin we had just a couple of hours, so we walked out of the station, went to gate of Brandenburg, saw the parliament “Reichstag” building and the Jew monument. Then walked back to the station, had a delicious Chinese “make yourself” bowl, and ran to our next train. Next destination Hamburg.
    Getting to Hamburg we had an hour to spend, so we again walked out, went about a bit and then back to the station. From Hamburg, we had to go Flensburg. In the beginning we got the wagons mixed up a bit, so we had to run to the right one and I got a bad cramp - but we eventually got there and found seats next to each other. The time was passing and we were getting tired..
    Getting to Flensburg we had to wait for two hours before the next train. When that train arrived there were only two wagons but a lot more people then they could fit. The train journey was 1h 30m, and more than half the people on the train were standing cause they weren’t any seats. On top of that, because we were crossing boarders they had to check our passports so they made all the people that were standing to get off the train and then board it again. Getting to Fredericia we - again - had about an hour to spare and we were getting hungry, but there was nothing around to eat - plus it was super early in the morning so there was also nothing open. We shared a couple of cereal bars and waited for the next train. It started getting cold so I changed from shorts to trousers. At last, our last train arrived, we boarded quickly and tried to sleep. Last destination - Copenhagen!
    We arrived in Copenhagen early hours of the morning, found the bus to the zoo and called Stamos to open up for us! It felt so nice to be here. ❤️ home away from home. Having a shower, getting to bed and waking up to lots of washing!!!!😂👖👚👕🧼🛁🧺
    Read more