Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 48

    Day 48 Wyndham

    May 31, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    I started off the day a bit sleepy. I didn't get much sleep last night due to the noises from all of the purple swamphens around the park.
    The first thing we did today was stop at The Grotto, which is a giant, steep gorge. I stayed in the car taking a nap while the others went off to explore. They came back shortly because the steps down to the bottom of the gorge were very, very steep and looked too dangerous.
    The next stop was in a town called Wyndham. Wyndham is the most northern town in Western Australia. In Wyndham we visited a fascinating and hands-on museum where we got the chance to hold a year 2000 Sydney Olympic torch and see amazing cow skulls where their horns had actually grown into their eye sockets.
    We then visited the Five River lookout where you can see where five mighty Kimberley rivers meet and flow into the ocean.
    There was also a giant crocodile statue and a small cafe called the Croc Cafe and Bakery where Dad had a crocodile pie. (He didn't really like it very much).
    After Wyndham we returned back to Kununurra to go shopping and have a quick look in another zebra stone store.
    Next we came back to the caravan park to watch the crocodile feeding. We saw' Gummy', the toothless freshwater croc and the Jabiru again. Later we sat by the pool listening to live music.
    Tomorrow we will be taking a tour to Lake Argyle, the largest man-made lake in the southern hemisphere.
    Read more