Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    England's white cliffs

    August 21, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Mary was up early and took a long walk along the seafront, cliffs etc, she is so keen to get her daily exercise.

    It was never going to be easy leaving Brighton. Small rooms, lots of stairs and no parking make it a challenge. I took the suitcases, one by one, down four flights of stairs then Mary and I took the hand luggage etc down the stairs, down the road, across the highway, down three more flights of stairs to the beach and along to the carpark, then a left, left, left loop around the tiny roads to get back to our Guest House. I was asked not to park on the footpath because it blocks the road - but we were quick and away with no troubles.

    We decided to drive east, but not all the way to Dover, to see the White Cliffs. They were terrific. There were walk ways down to the bottom of the cliffs were you can see just how magnificent they are. Strolling along we came to a nudist Beach. I did a double check just to make sure - only naked males I'm afraid.

    The drive to Thame should have been pretty straightforward. Unfortunately there were queues and more queues. A two hour trip on the Satnav turned our to be four hours. The roads here are full and a lot more investment in building roads is needed.

    Arriving in Thame we were meet by our friends Lizzie and George - first a cup of tea, then off to the Sunday evening church service then back to their place for dinner and a few glasses of wine - it really feels like home here they are such wonderful people.

    The next three days we will spend around Thame - this is a much anticipated part of our holiday.

    Cheers,
    Read more