Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Cambodia

    September 10, 2018 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Cambodia is a sovereign state located in the southern portion of the Indochina peninsula in Southeast Asia. It is 181,000 square kilometres in area, bordered by Thailand to the northwest, Laos to the northeast, Vietnam to the east and the Gulf of Thailand to the southwest.

    Cambodia has a population of over 15 million. The official religion is Theravada Buddhism, practised by approximately 95 percent of the population. The country's minority groups include Vietnamese, Chinese, Chams and 30 hill tribes.

    The capital and largest city is Phnom Penh, the political, economic and cultural centre of Cambodia. The kingdom is an elective constitutional monarchy with a monarch, chosen by the Royal Throne Council as head of state. The head of government is the Prime Minister, currently Hun Sen, the longest serving non-royal leader in Southeast Asia, ruling Cambodia since 1985.

    That’s the lunch gong so let’s go eat another meal. Whilst this boat is not like one of the large cruise ships we still seem to be eating every few hours and the food is delicious. One of the dishes was ostrich today and yes John did try it. I only had a little tiny bit and it was not bad.
    Read more