Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Early Morning Start to No Where

    May 4, 2019 in Nepal ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Up early this morning for what should have been a highlight of the trip but alas NO.

    Where do I start we booked this trip to take a helicopter to Base Camp and on arrival the first day the tour campany have been pushing us to change our plans due to possible bad weather to do a different helicopter tour which was not Everest Base Camp but Annapurna Base Camp with a scenic flight over Mount Everest. We were not happy with that so we stuck to our guns and waited to see if the weather improved and unfortunately this was not the case so this morning we were up early to take a scenic flight over Mount Everest but as the weather had not improved even for a plane this flight was also cancelled. So at the moment the main reason for this trip may not even happen. NO EVERST BASE CAMP. We do have one more opportunity later in our trip just for the scenic flight so fingers crossed.

    This morning we actually drive out to the airport received ourt ticket, went through security and even on the bus waiting on the tarmac next to the plane, then an airport officer came and told us that the mountian was not visible so the flight was cancelled, so close but so far.

    So this means we have a free day so we will walkaround the streets of Thamel and take in what Kathmandu has to offer.
    Read more