Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Full Moon Party Day

    March 8, 2020 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    The morning was nice and relaxing, back to breakfast, swimming and reading. We basically did nothing until after lunch. We thought we really needed to do something so a walk to where the Party is meant to be.

    The beach is very much like our Aussie beaches, very burnt tattooed people laying in the sand and swimming. Not a lot of people but it is a long beach so the people are spread out. I am sure if the party was on there would be so many more people. I cannot believe this is another one of those places we visit and the reason for coming is cancelled. So many people over reacting to the virus.

    Tonight we are going to a Full Moon cocktail Party put on by the Resort with free food and drinks for a few hours.

    The Sky Moon Hotel, where the party was held, was very nice with a lovely view over the beach. The food and drinks were plentiful.

    We are back at our resort thinking about going for a walk to the Full Moon Party Beach, we did come all this way for a good party but the beach looking down from Sky Moon seams pretty empty.

    We walked to the beach anyway and no there were not 30,000 people as usual but maybe 10,000. The music is pumping out and people are having a great time. The fire show was pretty good and the skipping rope on fire was really good. Lot's of people skipping and missing the rope but it was all in good fun.

    Not the real party atmosphere but I am saying close enough for this old couple. We enjoyed walking around, feeling like we were at the party without the hassels of a crowd.

    Steps today a low 6573.
    Read more