Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Setting off today

    August 23, 2018 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 7 °C

    We are in the early ferry, heading for the airport... well, Circular Quay, then the train...very excited! I think I have started this new trip on the blog, and will send link to all who want when I finish today.

    We are so excited about this redoing the Camino - I think it will be a different experience in many ways, though much of it the same path...but we now know it and will not need to rush to find our destination, but can explore a little more en route, smell more roses, and feel calm that we can achieve this. And there are some real differences - not all the hotels we stay at are the same ones (the bedbug place is not on the list!!), and a couple of times we stay in different towns, and of course the 5 days walking to the Coast after Santiago will be completely new.

    So today we fly to Los Angeles and take the train down to San Diego and visit Michael, Lisi, Camille and James. They are just back from a big trip themselves, and immediately the kids are back to school this week, so we may all be a bit fuzzy together at first! This will be good as it is a year since we saw them in Fiji. Then on August we fly to Madrid, and start the Spanish adventure.
    Read more