Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Another day in KL

    October 28, 2022 in Malaysia ⋅ 🌧 26 °C

    This will probably be the last entry before arriving home. Not a big day, and so far no rain…very unusual…we got a “grab” - what they call Uber - to the Central Market which sounded good and fun, but wasn’t particularly exciting. Just shops of clothes, knickknacks, and a food hall. And the same for nearby Chinatown…just the usual shops and rather run down. So after a wander around (I did buy some colourful loose pants to lounge round in in summer..) we came back and relaxed at the hotel till we were picked up by the ambassadorial car to have a last visit (for Amr and me - Omnia is staying on for a few more days) to Ragai and Ahmed. We had an early dinner at about 4.30 to fit in with Ragai’s engagements which was good, and the most delicious Egyptian food (and not too much!!)..just perfect. And it was the first time we had been there in daylight - the view of the huge buildings nearby, and over to the mountains in the distance look completely different, and very impressive. Night makes all the lights pretty, but you can’t see any details.

    So now back early and can leisurely pack etc. We don’t leave till tomorrow afternoon and I think in the morning we will get a grab to the National museum- apparently interesting, and will be air-conditioned!! I think we are ready to come home.
    Read more