Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    O Cebreiro, the top of the world!

    May 18, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    We are here, all assembled, Amr climbed the mountain on foot, I had a lovely taxi ride and Rachel and Richard flew and bussed in from America!! And this is such a great place to meet, and for the third time we are lucky with the weather and have magnificent 360° views. We are now in Galicia, different language (just dialect) and food and wine. And it is colder, Amr didn’t take off his fleece while walking up, and I have kept my jacket on all day. I was the first arrival, getting here by very scenic taxi ride at about 12.30, and I think being early we have the best room as she asked if I’d prefer a matrimoniale bed or 2 beds, so of course I said matrimoniale and it is so nice - on a corner with 2 windows, and reasonable size…she sort of indicated first in lucky, and I do remember other times having 2 beds in a rather tiny room! And Amr arrived at about 1 having left at 8.30 - 4 and a half hours of hard walking! We had a plate of pulpo and a glass of Alberiño to sustain him!

    But of course the highlight of the day is meeting Rachel and Richard!! They had a smooth trip over, as smooth as travel these days can be, and made all their connections and got a bus to here from Santiago airport. They arrived about 2.30 and what a reunion! They have a room next to ours, very handy. They must be exhausted and jet lagged, but we had a ColaCao in our bar, and went walking round this tiny village in case the weather changes tomorrow. It’s not meant to, but you can never tell. So we marvelled at the all round views, and walked even further up the hill to the cross way up high. Lovely views from there.

    Now we are having some downtime till 6.30 when we’ll meet and go to the pilgrim mass with them at 7, and then have dinner by which time I’m sure they will be ready to crash!!
    Read more