Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 53

    Peaceful day in O Cebreiro

    May 19, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    A rest day today which was perfect for Rachel and Richard to get adjusted and over any jet lag after their big travel day. And this is such a perfect place to relax, with such amazing surroundings and views everywhere. And the clear weather continues!!

    So not a lot to report. We all walked for a bit along the camino track leading out, where they will walk tomorrow, on the side of the mountain looking over the valley, just gorgeous. Not sure of my transport yet…there is one bus, but it leaves at 3.20, which is rather late, or a taxi…we’ll see. And we have walked around this Celtic village, so cute, and almost totally revolved around feeding and housing of pilgrims. And bus loads of non pilgrim tourists come now and then, as it is such a spectacular sight.

    It is really cold! I have had my layers, including jacket on all day, even in the room…it was cosy at night though - the heaters come on and there are warm blankets and doona!

    Had a nice dinner last night, with Galega soup, which is cabbage and potato soup in a very tasty broth, very hearty! Will have dinner tonight at 8 at the restaurant at our own hotel…all much the same fare, and all tasty, but as usual helpings are too enormous for me!! But Amr and Richard help out! Tomorrow we go to Triacastela.
    Read more