Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Breathing easy?

    April 7 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 36 °C

    We arrived at breakfast thinking we were seeing an apparition through the smoke haze which made navigation to the dining area a challenge.
    There was an extra car in the carpark area to the previous night.
    It turns out it was Bro Ebenezer’s new car that he had saved very hard for. Yesterday he caught the bus down to Bangkok (9 hours) and then drove it back to the TLC (another 9 hours), arriving back at about midnight.
    He’s more than happy for it to be used for the good of the Christadelphian community here which is very generous of him.
    Following breakfast was our Memorial meeting where Jake Kirkwood gave an exhortation based on the Good Samaritan. It was simple and to the point and very suitable for the audience who had to receive it via interpretation.
    The day got really hot again and was more humid than previous days which added to the discomfort. Iced coffee replaced flat whites at lunch.
    After lunch, many of us headed down to the local soccer field for our ‘Community Outreach’ activity, which consisted of cleaning up any rubbish around the park and equipment as a little way of giving back - after all we use it at no cost for soccer almost every afternoon.
    Some thunder was heard and just a few drops of rain fell, but not enough to clear the air of the heavy smoke.
    The die-hard soccer players did their thing again. The Aussies came back looking completely spent whereas the locals returned still wearing their hoodies and looking completely comfortable.
    The evening was also pretty relaxed with some board and card games organised which was useful to help get the inherently conservative Thais to loosen up a little and develop some social friendships. It seems to be working.
    Tomorrow marks the resumption of a full program of Bible study and life skills, with different sessions ranging from really basic Bible talks through to individual baptismal candidate sessions.
    Read more