Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Full tilt

    April 8 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 40 °C

    As expected, today was very full on.

    Back to back lessons all morning - starting with lessons through all the various streams. If you weren’t actually teaching you were busy prepping for the next session. While I was teaching various Bible students with Jake and Tim, Loss was busy with Abi and Leah teaching English and Life skills such as computers (!)

    Before we knew it lunch time had arrived. After lunch, some kitchen drainage problems had to be attended to which meant clearing blocked pipes and digging temporary trenches in the heat of a 41 degree day. This led to our wildlife encounter for today - a very large, angry scorpion which was disturbed during this process.

    Later in the afternoon, 3 of the Karen Long Neck villagers who have been regulars twice a week came for lessons.
    The ‘Long Necks’ are Burmese/ Myanmar people who have fled for political reasons, have created villages in northern Thailand - now they are mainly tourist curiosities and derive much of their income from entrance fees charged to western tourists. They remembered the Stone crew when we showed them photos :). While they were receiving their lessons at the TLC, a few of us went to their village and did a Sunday School activity with some of the children. It was a real eye opener to see such a culture and their living conditions. The children were very cute, and from what we could observe, the women were very much the workers.

    After evening Bible and the Karen Long Neck girls having been driven back to their village, it was time for the ‘Boys’ night off’!
    4 of us climbed aboard 2 scooters and we were off to central Chiang Mai for a sensational massage at Senses Garden for a fraction of the price you would One hour later we jumped on the scooters again for a late night dinner at ‘The Happy frog’.
    Dinner finished about 10.45pm , then scootered back to the TLC which marked the end of a very ‘full tilt’ day.
    Read more