Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 64

    Kakanui Beach Reserve

    April 11 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌧 15 °C

    Headed off to Timaru this morning as the guide book made it sound very quaint and pretty. Turned out to be a big town with lots of industrial areas and a big port! Had lunch on the beach nevertheless and at least we got out on the beach for a bit whilst the weather was ok.
    It's Matt's birthday so Rosie and I bought a few little gifts for him this morning. Rosie suggested flowers, coffee and hot choc choc which was very sweet. I explained the flowers might take up a bit too much space in the camper! But a lovely thought.
    Matt found a campsite right by the beach for tonight. We arrived just as the rain and wind picked up so not great for fishing. Instead Matt went for a run and I did some painting with Rosie whilst Poppy watched us intrigued. Once the rain cleared up Poppy and I went for a walk so she could have a sleep in the sling, whilst Rosie and Matt played with the campsite toys.
    Oh and Matt found the most amazing shell on the beach, looks like he bought it from a shop ! I don't have a photo to add yet but it's really cool. Loads of big mussel shells on the beach here too and huge bits of washed up seaweed.
    Read more