Satellite
  • Day 17

    Bolivia time!

    October 2, 2016 in Bolivia

    Clocks set to New York time now as we have made it to Bolivia!

    The rain was still coming down this morning when we got the bus and it was freezing! Just 4 degrees! We were given blankets and then duvets for the bus which made it lovely and cosy!

    We watched 'We are the Millers' (well we missed the end, unfortunately), which was funny, and we peered out at the views every now and again. There were mountains in the far distance across the lake and pretty flat ground where we were. It is mostly used for farming and livestock, including donkeys, cows and sheep. I think we passed a Peruvian cattle market too. Not very organised looking but lots of people in their colourful dress and a very large number of cattle.

    The Bolivia border crossing was simple, just a bit of a queue, and from there it was just 15 minutes to Copacabana, a tiny town on Lake Copacabana (not the famous beach in Brazil). We are here for the night and have stopped for lunch by the lake. We are just sat out on a terrace enjoying a drink and some food. We were warned, as we swapped buses and drivers at the border, that we were leaving the land of great food, so hopefully we won't be too disappointed. We have been spoilt rotten so far! Rich and Rob opted for lama sandwiches, apparently the best in town. The conclusion is that lama is nice, but tough, not quite as good the alpaca we had in Peru. I'm still waiting for my food...good ol' lasagne!
    Read more