Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Saksun

    May 16, 2023 in Faroe Islands ⋅ ☁️ 3 °C

    Our morning expedition led us to the charming village of Saksun, a place brimming with natural beauty and rural tranquility. As we arrived, we were greeted by the sight of a picturesque waterfall cascading down the mountainside, adding an ethereal touch to the already idyllic landscape.

    We explored the village, admiring the traditional turf-roofed houses and the small chapel that stood as a testament to the village's history and heritage. The surrounding hills and meadows were dotted with sheep, peacefully grazing and adding a touch of serenity to the scene.

    Despite the stunning surroundings, the wind and cold temperatures began to take their toll on us. The exposed location of Saksun made it particularly susceptible to the chilly weather. Nevertheless, we braved the elements, determined to capture the essence of this unique village.

    With cameras in hand, we focused on documenting the captivating sights of Saksun. The waterfall, the quaint chapel, and the rugged shoreline offered us a myriad of photographic opportunities. Each click of the shutter immortalized the beauty of this remote corner of the Faroe Islands.

    As the chill grew more biting, we made the decision to retreat from the wind-swept village and head back to Tórshavn, the warm and welcoming capital. The thought of a hot meal waiting for us brought a sense of comfort and anticipation.
    Read more