Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Rejuvenation by the Sea in Carteret

    September 6, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    The long journey from Bretagne to Normandy finally led us to the coastal haven of Barneville Carteret. Eager to unwind and embrace the coastal serenity, our first stop was the vast, seemingly endless sand beach that stretched out before us.

    Awen and Nessy raced across the golden sands, their enthusiasm boundless as they relished the freedom of this expansive playground. The cool, inviting waters of the ocean beckoned, and soon enough, they were splashing and swimming, their joy reflected in every wag of their tails.

    As the sun dipped lower in the sky, painting it with hues of orange and pink, we headed to Carteret for a relaxing evening. Our appetites were sated at a charming restaurant, where the local flavors delighted our taste buds. The coastal cuisine, filled with fresh seafood and regional specialties, was a true delight.

    To conclude the day on a magical note, we made our way to the lighthouse. Its towering presence against the evening sky created a striking silhouette. We watched in awe as the sun descended below the horizon, casting a warm, golden light over the landscape. The lighthouse, a sentinel of the coast, stood as a symbol of the enduring beauty of the region.
    Read more