Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    A Day of Rest and Reflection in Normandy

    September 11, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Our final day in Normandy arrived, and it was a reminder that even the most enchanting journeys must come to an end. However, this day began with a unique set of circumstances, as Awen had injured his paw and needed some rest and care.

    In times like these, when a cherished companion is in need, it becomes a day for taking it easy and finding solace in the simple pleasures of life. Awen's well-being took precedence, and we ensured that he received the attention and care he needed.

    While Awen rested, I ventured out for a short hike with Nessy amidst the dunes and along the beach. The serene surroundings provided a peaceful backdrop for reflection and contemplation. The rhythmic sound of the waves, the endless expanse of the sea, and the sandy shores were a reminder of the tranquility that nature can bring.

    Swimming in the cool waters of the ocean offered a sense of rejuvenation, a moment of communion with the natural world. It was a way to unwind and let the worries of the world wash away.

    As we returned to our temporary home in Normandy, we spent the remainder of the day in the company of our beloved Border Collies, cherishing the moments of togetherness and the shared experiences of our journey.
    Read more