Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Exploring Maloja and the 2 lakes

    October 27, 2023 in Switzerland ⋅ ☁️ 2 °C

    Today began with an early start, as we set our sights on the charming town of Maloja. This picturesque town is famous for its dramatic Maloja Pass, which winds its way through a series of captivating serpentines.

    We couldn't resist the opportunity to capture the essence of this iconic pass with our cameras. The mesmerizing bends in the road and the surrounding mountain scenery made for an inspiring photography session. Maloja Pass's serpentine road was a work of art in itself, and the morning light cast enchanting shadows on the landscape.

    Afterward, our journey led us to a thrilling hike along the smuggler's path that meandered toward the two enchanting lakes, Lake Bitabergh and Lägh da Cavloc. This trail was not only an opportunity to soak in the breathtaking views but also to follow in the footsteps of history, as it was once frequented by smugglers evading customs.

    The shimmering waters of Lake Bitabergh and Lägh da Cavloc were a sight to behold. Surrounded by rugged peaks and lush alpine meadows, these pristine lakes were like jewels nestled in the heart of the Engadin region. It was a reminder of the untamed beauty that nature had preserved in this corner of the world.
    Read more