Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Leknes - the start of our journey

    February 17 in Norway ⋅ 🌬 -2 °C

    Our latest adventure took us on a photography tour, a journey that began in Zurich and spiraled into the heart of Norway, culminating in the quaint town of Leknes. The itinerary promised a blend of urban sophistication and pristine natural beauty.

    The Odyssey Begins
    Our journey kicked off in Zurich. From there, we ventured northward, making our way through Oslo, where the charm of Norwegian culture began to seep into our experience. The transition from the urban landscape of Oslo to the rugged beauty of Bodo marked the beginning of our immersion into the Norwegian wilderness.

    The final leg of our travel was a flight to Leknes, a destination that seemed a world away from the cosmopolitan streets of Zurich.

    Leknes: A Symphony of Weather
    After a brief rest at our hotel, eager to explore, we stepped out into the little town of Leknes. This town, nestled in the Lofoten Islands, is a canvas of breathtaking vistas, where every corner promises a perfect snapshot. Our walk was an initiation into what we affectionately dubbed "real Norwegian weather." The day started with the sun casting a golden hue over the rugged landscapes, enhancing the beauty of the town and inviting us to capture its essence through our lenses.

    However, as any seasoned traveler to these northern reaches knows, the weather here is as unpredictable as it is beautiful. Within moments, the sunny skies were overtaken by clouds, and a snowstorm swept through the town. This sudden change was not just a meteorological phenomenon but a dramatic shift in the landscape's character. The snow added a mystical veil to Leknes, transforming it into a winter wonderland right before our eyes.
    Read more