Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Journey to Hamnøy: Capturing the Sunset

    February 17 in Norway ⋅ 🌬 0 °C

    Our adventure continued in the afternoon as we traveled to Hamnøy, a destination that embodies the soul of Norwegian coastal life. Leaving behind the unpredictability of Leknes' weather, we found ourselves amidst the serene and rugged beauty of Hamnøy. This small fishing village, with its iconic red fishing huts (Rorbuer) dotting the coastline, presented a picturesque setting that seemed to leap straight out of a postcard.

    Our accommodations in Hamnøy were none other than these traditional fishing huts, transformed into cozy lodgings that blend seamlessly with the landscape. These huts, once the temporary homes of fishermen braving the Arctic waters, now provided us with a unique and intimate connection to the village's heritage.

    The weather, in a gracious mood, afforded us the opportunity to capture some of the most stunning sunset shots of our trip. As the sun dipped towards the horizon, it painted the sky in hues of orange, pink, and purple, casting a warm glow over the sea and the mountains. This moment was a photographer's dream, where every second revealed a new, breathtaking scene. Despite the increasing wind that brought a chill to the air, we were transfixed, our cameras clicking away, eager to capture the ephemeral beauty of the Arctic sunset.
    Read more