Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    A Morning of Promise in Uttakleiv

    February 21 in Norway ⋅ ☁️ 4 °C

    The night's heavy rain, with its relentless downpour, had set a somber tone, leaving us wondering what challenges the next day might bring. However, to our pleasant surprise, the morning dawned far more promising than we had anticipated. The skies cleared, and a sense of optimism filled the air as we prepared for the day's expedition.

    Eager to make the most of the unexpected turn in the weather, we headed out to Uttakleiv, a destination renowned for its dramatic coastline and natural beauty. The beach at Uttakleiv, with its unique combination of smooth pebbles and rugged rock formations, was our canvas for the morning.

    As we set up our equipment, the scene before us was nothing short of spectacular. The waves, energized by the stormy night, crashed onto the shore with a fierce intensity, their spray catching the light and creating a mesmerizing spectacle. Our cameras clicked away, capturing the raw power of nature as each wave collided with the rocks, a testament to the untamed beauty of the Lofoten Islands.

    Among the many features that make Uttakleiv a photographer's dream, the famous "Dragon's Eye" is perhaps the most iconic. This natural rock pool, shaped over time by the elements, resembles an eye when viewed from above, with the surrounding rock formations adding to the mystique of the landscape. Finding the Dragon's Eye and framing it within the context of the surrounding landscape was a highlight of our visit. The reflection in the pool, coupled with the dramatic backdrop of the beach and the incoming waves, made for a compelling composition, one that captured the essence of Uttakleiv's rugged charm.

    Our morning at Uttakleiv was a reminder of the ever-changing nature of the Lofoten Islands. What had started as a concern—the heavy rain from the night before—had transformed into an opportunity, with the storm's aftermath providing conditions that enhanced the beauty and drama of the landscape. As we packed up our gear, ready to continue our exploration of the islands, we were reminded once again of the resilience and beauty of nature, and the endless photographic opportunities it presents to those willing to embrace the unexpected.
    Read more