衛星
マップで表示する
  • 日15

    Supai Day 2

    2023年8月17日, アメリカ ⋅ ☀️ 88 °F

    Had a good night's rest in the hammock, didn't get to cool and wasn't to hot either. Had a light sheet I brought that was just fine.

    We both got up and had breakfast and packed up to do Mooney and Beaver Falls. Filled our water at the spring in the campground and headed out.

    Mooney is just on other side of campground so not even a mile from our site. This is the one where you go through a couple tunnels on the way down then a steep downward climb on rocks holding onto chains, at the bottom is a couple of wooden ladders. The spray from the falls makes it wet and little slippery but as long as you have good shoes you are fine - although Hope did it in Crocs! Was definitely a little nervous about it as I don't care for heights and drop-offs but was not going to miss it. Wasn't as bad as I thought, take your time get your footing and always have hold of a chain.

    The falls from top and bottom were just as amazing as Havasu. Blue water and incredible to watch.

    We spent a little time there taking videos then headed to Beaver Falls, this was about 3 miles out and 3 river crossings, not to deep, nothing compared to Narrows in Zion!

    These falls were also amazing. They were layered so you could sit on the edge of one and cool off. You could also get up behind it.

    You could climb up levels also but I was content on the one level. Of course Hope saw people jumping higher up so climbed up. Was a group of friends from Utah that do adventure tours together. They showed her were to jump in the pool up there and she did it twice. Then they jumped from above and down, which of course she did and was a little nerve wracking to watch.

    We hung out there most of the afternoon and then started our hike back. Along the way back came upon a single mountain goat, was able to get pretty close as it had no fear of people, so got some good video.

    We also stopped at Mooney Falls again to get some more pictures before climbing back up. Climb back up was lot easier than going down to me.

    As before mainly used go pro for videos so not a lot of still pictures.
    もっと詳しく