Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 26

    Innsbruck, Austria Day 25

    20 Mei 2023, Austria ⋅ ☁️ 70 °F

    A leisurely morning at “home” and off to “town”. Plan was to check out old town, see the Golden Roof and the Olympic village and, if time, the castle. Found our way through the cobblestone streets to the Golden Roof, the city’s most famous landmark. The roof was completed in 1500 for the wedding of Emperor Maximillian I. The roof consists of 2500+ fire-gilded copper tiles. Today it serves as offices for an Alpine organization dedicated to the sustainability of the Alps. Clearly it also serves as a local venue for weddings as we saw several wedding parties emerge from its doors.

    Then, a real treat, we saw a, orchestra setting up and we enjoyed an hour of music sipping our cappuccino and coke at one of the many cafes, listening to Tyrollean music. Fun and entertaining. We strolled the old town for awhile, checking out shops, people watching and enjoying some sunshine. Warmer today, around 70.

    Lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. 😂. Then out to find the Olympic area. Found some of it but not the part to walk around. The Olympics were held here in 1964 and 1976 and the ski jump can be seen from the downtown. We were tired anyway so decided to go home and put our feet up for awhile. I went for a walk around the neighborhood late afternoon, dinner at home - salmon. Watched two episodes of The Tailor on Netflix in English!!!
    Baca lagi