Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    When in Prague...

    June 9, 2016 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    We got up for our included breakfast at around 8am, then went out the front of our hostel to meet Tamara, who took us by tram into the city centre to go on a guided bike tour around the city. Between our walking and bike tours, we'd pretty well checked off all of the main sights, so we decided to head off in search of food and beer. We made our way to a bar called the Pub. This bar would have been really cool, as you sit around tables and you're able to pour your own beers. There was such a bit group of us that they made us make a reservation to come back at 1pm, so we went out in search of food. We found a little burger place called Meet Burger. These were about the best burgers I've ever had, and the strongest cocktails too. Before we knew it, it was 2pm, so we settled the bill (a massive task for 15 people) and tried to find a tram to take us back to our hostel. We found it, but headed in the wrong direction for a few stops, before realising and jumping off and getting on the right one. We made it to our stop, found a little convenience store to buy some drinks, and headed back to our hostel. We had about an hour to get organised and head back into the city. We jumped back on the tram, and after a short walk, we made it to the Intercontinental Hotel, our meeting point before our boat cruise down Prague's main river.
    Dinner and 3 drinks were included on this cruise, so we ate on the main enclosed level, then grabbed drinks and climbed up to the rooftop. The views were, of course, lovely, and it was another fun trip, getting a chance to chat to some people I hadn't spoken much to as yet.
    From the cruise, Tamara walked us to a bar near the main square called Coyotes. Some pretty potent cocktails were had there, and we stayed for about an hour before heading to our next destination, The Golden Tree.
    This place was kind of cool, it was almost cave like as you went down numerous levels, with a light up dance floor at the bottom. They also sold buckets of different alcoholic mixes, again quite potent.
    It was about midnight when we left in search of a club we had heard about called Karlov Lanze which had 5 levels of music - oldies, dance, rnb, top 40, and an ice bar. We lost about half the group on the way, but once in, it was pretty epic. Everyone had such a fun time dancing the night away, I couldn't even tell you what time we got home, only that we all left together in cabs.
    When I walked into reception, there was a sign about Vegemite toast being on sale for 25 krona. Well of course I had to buy some! The guy on reception was from Australia, and said he was trialling it out to see how it went. Delicious!
    T, Daniel, Cam, Travis and I had a bit of a night cap outside before heading to bed around 4am.
    Read more