Satellite
  • Day 28

    Day 24 - Maasai Mara/Nairobi/Eldoret

    May 6, 2017 in Kenya ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    This morning we had to pack and get to the airstrip. We slept in just a little later than our 6 am mornings of late and ate breakfast in camp. We could see that it would be nice to have a day in camp to enjoy what you see right at home. There were lots of birds including a beautiful russet-coloured, long-tailed bird whose name I can't remember (it had the word paradise in its name). We left shortly after nine am - taking our time on the way to the airstrip for 10:30. Our Safarilink Cessna was supposed to be there at 11 am, but it was about 40 minutes late arriving. We visited a little with Dennis and James, who waited with us until we were picked up. They gave us a gift of two metal water bottles from the lodge.

    Our flight to Nairobi was almost uneventful. It was raining along the way so the flight took slightly longer than it should as the pilots had to fly around little storms.

    Again, our driver was waiting outside the terminal with our name on a piece of paper. He took us over to the Air Kenya terminal to pick up the two bags we had left with them when we first flew to the Mara. They were there waiting for us.

    On to the next terminal for our Fly540 flight to Eldoret. We had to wait until 6 for the flight so we went to the cafe next door and had lunch and a little internet time. We should have stayed there as there was no WiFi in the airport terminal.

    Flight to Eldoret was fine and Tom and Sherry came and found us at the luggage pickup and took us home.
    Read more