Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    Cabriti to Brunswick

    October 21, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    We woke at the rugby pitch and drove back to Cabriti beach to wake up and brush our teeth etc. We nearly didn't get any parking with the amount of surfers that were there! Aoife called me as I was hoping to sort Rachel's b day present.
    After we drove back to the rugby pitch to do our run. We were quite late so it was so warm!!
    We were just leaving when Jake wanted to get drone fottage of the beach we had been at. I looked out to sea while he had it up in the air and I seen a huge group of dolphins and Jake managed to find them on the drone. It was very cool.
    After that we went to Hastings Point Foreshore and it was like a shallow little creek that came in from the sea. The water was so clear and only up to our knees. So we sunbatheded there for a little while and swam.
    We then drove to Murwillumbah and we bought a cooked chicken and had that for lunch as we were too hungry to wait for something to cook. We had a look around some of the shops and got some presents to bring home. The shop was so nice.
    After we drove to Brunswick to stay for the night. It was I think nearly more hippier than Byron. It was mad! There was picnic tables under a open shed for people to use if they are eating at the park area and people have just moved in under the open shed and they are living there. And there was also loads of vans everywhere. There was showers in the bathrooms there so we had them there, I think they were one of our coldest yet but it was also nearly dark and the weather wasn't great so that didn't help.
    After we drove and we got a pad Thai to share for dinner in a thai restaurant as Jake wasn't too hungry because he done the dog on it at lunch with the chicken 😅
    We stayed at Brunswick and I went to the bathroom where we had our showers before bed and a mouse or rat jumped out when I went in which was nice 🙃
    Read more