Satellite
  • Day 33

    Antelope Canyon

    August 3, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    Day 32: Bryce or Antelope Canyon? They both are but
    beauties themselves!
    For exactly one month I left Düsseldorf for that adventure. A month full of impressions, tons of miles, sleepless nights and experiences.
    Today I planned to see Horseshoe Bend and the Antelope Canyon. I definitely found a new favourite state - Arizona! 🌵 The landscape is such amazing. You see red rocks everywhere!
    In the morning I had an American Breakfast before I drove to Glen Canyon Dam. This Dam blocks the water of Powell Lake.
    After I took some photos I got to the registration point to get a ticket for an Antelope Canyon tour.
    Before it started I was going to Horsehoe Bend. There I got a lil bit confused because one phone has shown 11am the other one 12am. So I asked other people for the time. But nobody around me was able to speak english and to understand a simple question like "What time is it?". So asked them using my hands and phones.
    The ticket for the tour wasn't that cheap but it was that worth it! The Antelope Canyon is one of the best spots for taking photos.
    After I returned to the car I continued to the next canyon - the Grand Canyon! 🏔

    And then then I got to know the police 🙈
    We used to say that we join friends and to camp on a site of someone else who we asked before.
    So I tried this in the Grand Canyon as well. I found my "friends" and asked the ranger. But he told me that he honestly had to forbidden it. One site, one family.
    Then I returned to my car which parked on the passenger car park.
    Suddenly there was a massive light behind my car. So before I got ticket that I parked there I wanted to talk to the ranger.
    I got off my car and directly I heard "Go back in your car sir. Shut the door!". So I did it and a police officer came to me. Before that I didn't know that the police was standing behind me. I told that I had a long drive, all campgrounds are full and I need to rest for a while before I continue the ride because I'm really tired.
    The officer told me that I'm allowed to camp in the national forest and that there is a car park but that I had to leave the park.
    So I drove all the way back found the national forest sign but no car park entry. Anyway I need to find a car park for overnight parking like the nights before.

    Glen Canyon Dam ✔
    Colorado River ✔
    Horsehoe Bend ✔
    Antelope Canyon tour ✔
    Seeing Indians at MC Donald's ✔
    Sunset in Grand Canyon ✔
    Got to know the police ✔
    ---
    Illinois ✅
    Wisconsin ✅
    Minnesota ✅
    South Dekota ✅
    Wyoming ✅
    Idaho ✅
    Utah ✅
    Nevada ✅
    California ✅
    Arizona ✅
    Read more