Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    NIkka

    May 12, 2016 in Japan ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    I managed to wake up just a little bit easier today and figured it would be a nice day to go to the town of Yoichi where the original Nikka whisky distillery is located. (Yes, they do make whisky in Japan)
    An hour long train ride with a tranfer at Otaru took me to Yoichi station from which the distillery was only a short walk. To my suprise the distillery tour was entirely free and i was actually able to see things like the kilm and the copper kettles itself where the whisky is actually distilled. By this time the weather had cleared up and it was actually sunny and fairly warm. As an utter bonus there was a bar at the distillery where you could actually taste the various whiskys for yourself. For free! After that it was time to get back to the hostel to meet up again with Jonny and Rachel, whom i met yesterday. We had plans to do karaoke but ended up grabbing teddy bears out of machines and playing Mario Kart. Well actually mainly trying to find out how to play the same race together. Finally with the help of one of the supervisors we managed to play a round together and i ended up last, as usual. All of a sudden it was half past 4 and a lot of beers later and i nearly literally crashed into bed.
    Read more