Satellite
  • Day 6

    Table Mountain and Hout Bay

    February 8, 2018 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Well ,hey ho,another day as Mrs G's slave! Table Mountain today with a late lunch at Hout Bay. 9.00am start to beat the Chinese and various tourists! Not early enough sadly. 45 min queue and the into the cable car. All we needed was a few pairs of skis and a Frenchman to stuff us in and we could have been on the Motte. ( not at 30 degrees though!) Windy day at the top with stunning views over the Cape peninsula. A cold front was coming in so not great for photos. Not a Dassie in sight. This is a small rock rabbit,elephant's brother. Too late for the Proteas too sadly but Mrs G happy to have a wander around. Worth the trip and photo bombed a Chinese group to get my own back! Back down in the bucket and off to Hout Bay for lunch. Tafelberg is world heritage site so worth a visit.
    Hout Bay is an old fishing port and still in use by deep water fishing boats. Went for a stroll along the long beach,not a shark in site,but still could not persuade Mrs G to have a dip. Leisurely lunch of prawns and vino and off to fetch Christine from the airport. 2 hour delay- British Airways of course!
    Read more