Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    blog entry number 2

    May 1, 2022 in England ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    After two weeks of my language stay, I have the impression that the situation became better than in the first two days. After the KV-students left the CES-school, the lessons became less noisy and we got more exercises to do during the lessons. The lessons are not that interesting as in Switzerland. Most of all we have to make a conversation or we have to play scrabble. We also have to create a travel guide for the next students, but this exercise really makes sense in my opinion.
    The enjoyable points of this stay are rare. The trips to Brighton on the first Sunday and also on the second Saturday were enjoyable and the time in which it was quiet in Worthing was also enjoyable. Unfortunately, it is almost never quiet in Worthing. The children are crying, the seagulls are making noise and the televisions in the house of my host family are nearly permanent turned on.
    A difficult point of this stay is the fact, that I don’t endure children. The problem of this fact is, that the numerous grandchildren of the host family like to visit their grandparents. As a consequence of these two facts, it is sometimes really hard for me to stay there. Lucky for me, the ADHD grandchildren lost the permission of their mother to visit their grandparents, so it became less noisy than in the first week.
    Read more