Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    The Coromandel Peninsular

    March 1 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    The only way to describe this area is stunning.
    Today, we drove to Hot Water Beach, where you need a spade to dig down for hot water, so we just walked across the beach.
    Arrived at Hahei and did a 3 hour kayak tour. Meand Simon in our kayak. It was brilliant. There were 8 of us and the tour guide.
    We went passed amazing islands, rocks and cliffs and then landed at Cathedral Cove, which can only be accessed from the sea. It is beautiful but still inaccessible by land after last year's cyclone.
    We spent time on the beach and swam in the sea. We were only allowed to go within 10 metres if the cliffs as there are still rock falls.
    Then we rowed back, going out around the islands. Stunning. I may have found my new hobby.
    Back at the carpark and this lovely young man reversed his truck into us😒.
    I had a chat with him, bless him, and then his mum on the phone. It is what it is. The back of the car is damaged, rental company know. Not sure it is legal to drive ( I know it isn't, but Simon unwillingly to listen). We will leave here early tomorrow and drop off.
    I had another good chat with Ben's mum, so hopefully we won't get charged too much, unless we meet the police on our way back to Auckland 🙄
    Read more