Satellite
  • Day 1,360

    USA Tour - New York

    December 2, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 10 °C

    Came to NYC after a coach trip from Atlantic City. Managed to watch the first half of the derby but missed the second half cause the WiFi on the coach was a joke!!!

    Anyway, stepped off the coach on W42nd street - right next to Broadway, 5th Avenue and Times Square. Unreal. The place is so alive and busy it’s insane! I was stayed in the Hilton on Times Square, I go into check in and the guy behind the counter wanted confirmation that I had a booking... turns out I was in the wrong Hilton.... bad divvy me. My hotel was just on the next block. Checked in and literally dived on the bed! Not had a bed as nice in 3 weeks it was amazing! Having my own shower and toilet was also boss.

    I went for a walk at night as I wanted to experience NYC at night, I made my way into Times Square which is unreal, so busy, so many lights, performers, and weirdos alike.

    I then made my way down to radio city hall which was awesome, such a cool place, there was also Christmas decorations up all over the place it looked awesome! Just the next block over was the Rockefeller centre which I had to visit! The Home Alone tree and the ice skating rink - it was incredible but also rammed. Genuinely made up I got to see it, the actual Rockefeller tower is also cool as fuck!

    After all the walking I needed a bevvy. I walked down past Saks 5th Avenue past the New York Public library to ‘Carraghers Bar’ it had to be done.

    Ended up there till around 12:30 trying different beers, there was a local beer called ‘montauk’ which is brewed on Long Island and it was a nice little beer. Got talking to a barman there called Dave who was sound he was from Ireland and had been living in NYC for 8 years. After the bar had closed I made my way to Madison Square Garden just to see it. It was awesome!

    Made my way back the hotel for the best nights sleep I’d had in weeks!!
    Read more