Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,406

    USA Tour - Las Vegas - Nevada

    January 17, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Super Busy day today! Starts out with a quick early morning gym session to try and work off the night before’s bad decisions. I’ll be honest it wasn’t much of a session hahahah.

    After getting back the room for a quick shower, David and I went over to Chipotle for something to eat... unreal, I’ll be eating these when I’m in California.

    So our plan today was to walk down the strip and go into some iconic casinos/hotels. We walked around caesars palace, flamingo, the Linq, the Venetian. We also went ‘off the strip’ which was full of bars and restaurants.

    We then took an Uber Up to the stratosphere hotel as I had bought us tickets to go to the top of the tower and go on the rides at the top of it. The views at the top where incredible, unfortunately it was a bit cloudy but you can really see the fact you’re in the middle of a desert when you’re up there!

    We had a choice of 2 of the 3 rides up there so we watched all 3 first before deciding... I picked big shot and David picked x-scream. Big shot is just like the old PlayStation ride in Blackpool... but it’s already 921 feet in the air. At the top of the ride it’s something like 1081 feet. It’s so high! The x-scream is a ride that shoots you off over the edge of the building so you’re just hanging there. I was shitting myself on it but it was awesome. Would highly recommend it. The casino it’s self is also not bad up there, not as good as aria and PH but it’s cool. We then headed to Fremont Street to experience the old Vegas and it is completely different. It’s dirty, cheap but it’s awesome. It’s friendly but you also need to watch your wallet.

    We go back to the Bellagio, get changed and head off to bubba gump for some tea then we head off to PH to play some craps and poker. We end up being around 50 up each which is cool and we also get a few free drinks so we can’t complain. We then head off to tilted kilt for a beer and tried a few more bars but everywhere was really quiet, so we head back to the Bellagio gamble a bit more lose $100 and go to bed as we both leave in the morning.
    Read more