Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 145

    Wellington City

    June 3, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    This morning we said goodbye to Russ and Deb. We spoke to Chris and John on facetime. It was lovely to see and speak to them. They then dropped us off at Porirua Station. We met our friend Jeanine for a coffee at Butlers chocolate cafe. We were able to choose some chocolates to go with it and we had a warm raspberry muffin with it, it was delicious.

    We got a train in to Wellington Station and walked to our hostel the Dwellington about a 10 minute walk from the station. When we arrived we had a look around. It was a very fancy hostel with a cinema room, spacious lounge and kitchen and a very large herb and spices rack. We stayed in a triple room and met our friend Kyra there. We even had towels which you don't normally get in a dorm room. After we checked in we got on the bus in to the centre. Transport is free in Wellington at the moment. We went to Te Papa museum as there were still sections of it we haven't done.

    In the evening we went to an Irish bar for drinks and met our friend Ren who has been staying in Wellington during lockdown. After that we went out for food at a Malaysian restaurant.
    Read more