Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 159

    Puzzling World & Drive to Queenstown

    June 17, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌧 5 °C

    We checked out the room at 10am. We dropped Ashleigh off for a haircut then we had a wonder around the shops in Wanaka.

    After this we went to puzzling World. Puzzling World had a large maze and optical illusion rooms. I really enjoyed our time here. I love optical illusions. Some of the rooms we went in to were famous faces following you as you moved around the room, one where you appear to shrink or grow (see video) another where objects glide uphill and you have to walk on the side and uphill in that room, it made us a feel a bit dizzy. There was also a room with illusionary sculptures. After this we did a big maze and we had to get to the 4 different coloured towers.

    After this we we went to the Burrito Craft for food a burrito van in Wanaka. It was very yummy. Next we drove to Queenstown. We stopped off at Arrowtown a historic gold mining town. We had a look around the shops. I got a beautiful jade ring in one of the gift shops. The drive to Queenstown was beautiful it was raining but we were still able to see some sun on the top of the snowy mountains.

    When we arrived in Queenstown, we checked in to the hostel adventure HQ. I was surprised how big Queenstown was. We are in a 6 bed dorm but we have comfortable beds and our own shelfs built in and space underneath to put our bags. We had a look around the shops in Queenstown and went for a pint at Morrisons Irish Bar. We had KFC in the evening and now relaxing in the hostel.
    Read more