Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 160

    Bobs cove, Glenorchy & Moke lake

    June 18, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌙 2 °C

    We started the day wondering around because ashleigh forgot where he parked the hire car. There isn't anywhere to park it outside the hostel but he found a free car park 10 minutes away. Once we found the car we drove to Glenorchy. On the way we stopped at Bobs cove and did the loop track. The water in the cove was so clear and we had beautiful views of the snow capped mountains (see first picture). We then headed to Glenorchy an hour away just outside of Queenstown. Glenorchy is a beautiful rustic town surrounded by native forests and mountains. We had a walk around and got a coffee in a pub with a open fire. It's been quite cold today.

    On the way back we stopped at Moke Lake. It was off the main road down a small track. There were sheep in the middle of the road when we were driving down. The roads were also a little icy so we took it slow. The lake was surrounded by grassland and towering mountains. There were people doing dragon boat racing on the lake when we went there.

    After the drive we walked to Queenstown Gardens which was very pretty. We walked by lake Wakatipu in Queenstown then we got an ice cream from Mrs Ferg Gelateria. I had chocolate Brownie and Gingerbread. The Gingerbread icecream was so good. In the evening we cooked sweet chilli tuna pasta and then went out for a couple of drinks in Pig and Whistle.
    Read more