Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 161

    Canyon Swing, Gondala & Night out

    June 19, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 5 °C

    Woke up excited and nervous for the Shot Over Canyon Swing. We booked a Tandem cliff jump swing. We got it for half price only $129. We arrived at the shop at 10.20am. They drove us 10 minutes down the road to the shot over Canyon Swing. They first put the straps on us and attached us together. They were joking around with us saying they didn't know what they were doing. I was little nervous. Ashleigh wanted to go head first. The jump was 109m high and you get 60m of free falling. First they dangled us off the edge we had to put our legs up in the air crossed so we were upside down. I was excited but also very scared at this point. We had to lean back and put our arms out. I kept wanting to hold on to the rope. Before we knew it we were free falling upside down towards the water. I was screaming and Ashleigh was laughing at me. However I did enjoy it. We were upright for the last part. It was so much fun. They then pulled us back up to the platform. We watched the video and photos when we got back. I bought them for $30. The jump we did was called the Gimp Boy Goes To Hollywood. We did the scariest one apparently.

    Next we went back to the hostel and then drove to a shopping complex just outside of Queenstown. We stopped at pac n save for lunch. I got some black boots from k mart only $28. After this we got dolled up ready for our night out. We first went up the skyline Gondala for sunset. We had breathtaking views of Queenstown and lake Wakatipu. We were lucky it was clear. We then went to Ferg burger. I had a bombay chicken burger it was very yummy. After this we had some wine in the hostel and played some drinking games. We got chatting to a couple of people in our room who just arrived. Luke was from London but now lives in Dunedin and his friend Viane was travelling NZ. They were both really nice and came out for drinks with us. One of the cool bars we went to was called cowboy QT. We had a great night dancing and got back about 4am.
    Read more