Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 22

    Port Lincoln & Coffin Bay

    8 de maio de 2023, Austrália ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Today we headed for the popular tourist destination of Coffin Bay. Along the way we dropped into Point Boston and then onto Port Lincoln which is the unofficial capital of the Eyre Peninsula.
    Both places would have looked better if the sky had been blue as that would have changed the colour of the water, but today remained overcast and the clouds caused the water to be a gray colour.
    Some shopping and lunch in Port Lincoln before completing the short distance to Coffin Bay. As we left Port Lincoln we stopped at the famous Fresh Fish Place to buy some fish for our future dinners.
    On arrival the initial impressions of Coffin Bay were very favourable with the small bay and surrounding hills creating a very attractive landscape. We will stay here for 3 nights and have a good look around this popular place. We signed into the Discovery Coffin Bay Caravan Park which is always booked out but fortunately Sue and Mark had made a booking for us about a month ago. It was housekeeping time with Carolina pleased that at last we had power, water, and laundry facilities available to do a lot of clothes washing while Peter set up and cleaned van.
    Coffin Bay is famous for its oysters and tomorrow we will indulge. For today a twilight walk along the coast whet the appetite of the sights Coffin Bay has to offer.
    For anyone who has been trying to follow our trip using the Garmin tracking link we apologise that our Garmin InReach satellite tracker and communicator which has been working flawlessly for years unexpectedly failed a few days ago. We think the problem has now been fixed and the Garmin link for our trip should work normally from now on.
    Leia mais