Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 326

    Parties

    16 августа 2023 г., Австралия ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    A couple days after Louisa arrived, I dragged her down the road to a trivia night with her and Amy. We did truly dreadfully in the quiz, last place. It isn't surprising as we were definitely the youngest group and all of the facts were on Aussie things. Something neither Louisa or I could help with. Amy did the best she could but she couldn't carry us all the way through.

    A couple weeks later it was Lucy's birthday on the 5th. I had my book club in the morning, then we got ready to go out in the evening. A group of us went down to Stick Bar for a few drinks. We had some cocktails and enjoyed the warm evening out.

    Back at the hostel, we had a little feast with loads of finger foods and prosecco before bringing out loads of paints and tiny canvasses. We had printed out some pictures of famous paintings and attempted to recreate them. None of us have any artistic skill but we tried nonetheless.

    One evening in July, Seb dragged us all to Settlers. It is the cheapest bar in town and looks like it, but he had made friends with the staff and they gave us all free drinks. The staff have a game with customers that changes every week. This week it was pegs. We had a hundred odd tint pegs dotted throughout the staff and customers and the aim was to get a peg on someone without them noticing. The entire bar was in on it in the end. Some people were very easy to peg and ended up having loads on them.

    At the end of the night we played a couple games of pool ( something that would end up being a staple part of our groups evenings). Before heading back home via free shuttle and grabbing pizza at 1am.
    Читать далее