Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Downtown San Diego

    June 21, 2008 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 37 °C

    he world doesn't stop because we are on Holiday so Wadi went to work in the morning as we were just waking up. He left everything in the fridge for us and a GPS to find our way in San Diego.

    We had 4 days ahead in San Diego, 3 of days allocated to the Zoo, Legoland and of course Sea World so today we decided to explore town.

    I wasn't certainly used to a GPS, nothing like a good map for me and on top of everything all the instructions were in miles, so I missed a few exits. Anyway we finally made it to down town San Diego and left the car at Westfield Horton plaza (again the GPS showed the entrance from 1st avenue while the entrance was from 4th avenue instead. We spent sometime in here and then went for a walk around, my impression of San Diego was just another American city.

    Anyway for best views of the city we left down town and went to Coronado using the long San Diego - Coronado bridge. Finding a car park close to the beach wasn't a problem so we started to explore the area around Centenial Park and the water front, good views of San Diego from here. A few souvenir shops here where we got some stuff and then we went to the other shore of Coronado to have a look at the "Hotel del Coronado" a landmark of San Diego.

    At night we went for dinner to a Mexican restaurant courtesy of Wadi, the food was a bit different to the conventional Mexican food we get in Australia.
    Read more