Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Iguazu falls Argentinian side

    January 10, 2015 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    So bloody tired, we walked like hell today but really worth it, Fernando, the taxi driver came in handy so we agreed to go to the Brazilian side with him tomorrow.

    A real disappointment at the gate as they only accepted cash and there was a ridiculous line to get money from the only ATM and on top of that it did not work properly.

    Problem resolved we made our way to the train "Tren Ecologico" a terrible way of transport we were soon to find out.

    As suggested by Fernando we started by "Garganta del diablo" to avoid the heat later on by first we had to the train and go to the second station. After waiting for 20 minutes for this train we finally got on board just to find out we had leave the train at the next station nd wait another 20 minutes in another line as the train does not cover the whole distance such a waste of time.

    One way or another we finally made it to the station and started the journey along the 1 km long walkway to "Garganta del diablo" and suddenly all our frustration disappeared once we reached our destination. The place is simply spectacular , the force and nose made by the water exceeded my expectations.

    Back at the train station we had some "empanadas" for lunch and then went one station back to start the Upper Circuit.

    Walking the Upper Circuit was less exhausting thanks to the shade from the trees, there were also some really good photo opportunities with the falls and not to mention plenty of Coaties. We passed the Lower Circuit as my leg, injured in Machu Picchu, was starting to play up.

    On our way out we stopped at the souvenir shops and the museum. We arrived early at the gate so had to wait 20 minutes for Fernando.

    At the end of this day we were really exhausted but happy.

    Tomorrow we will go to the Brazilian side.
    Read more