Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Day 12: Sams Birthday Eve

    July 10, 2022 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    This morning we set out to do what we were supposed to do yesterday…a beach day! But first, breakfast 🍳 We headed to Bulls Coffee where I had a pain au chocolate and Sam had a breakfast bagel. After a quick detour to pickup and drop off our laundry we decided we were suitably ready for another coffee (for Sam) and more food (for Reagan). We stopped off at Suka Espresso for a yoghurt and fruit bowl and some eggs (classic).

    We eventually made it to Nunggalan Beach after another trek down hundreds of stairs…I’m not sure why we always pick places that are located down so many stairs! We spent the afternoon reading/snoozing/paddling. After a few hours we were suitably restless and found a shipwreck to play on and a ‘warung’ for a bag of crisps and a drink. We then called it a day and ventured off on our trek back up the cliff! Very sweaty work.

    Now dripping in sweat, what better timing to head to the nice beach club we had planned on watching the sunset at 🥵 Annoyingly, as it was a Sunday we could not book a table and the place was already packed! We eventually found a seat after giving people evils for 30 minutes in the hope that they would leave - this did not work. It was clear however why no one was sat at this table as it STUNK of toilet. We sat for 10 minutes and couldn’t get served so decided it was all a sign and abandoned ship!

    A quick google search showed another club around the corner, so there we headed! Luckily we managed to get a table here and they even served Sams favorite…pizza! A rather stressful evening in that end, much different than the relaxing sunset scene we had imagined. As we felt our skin tightening on the way home, it soon became clear that you don’t put suncream on when wet…I somehow managed to escape the worst of it!
    Read more