Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Annecy

    July 24, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    Long drive on the cards today as we head north and make our way into France. Drive made longer by torrential rain, lightening, roadworks and queuing for the Mt Blanc tunnel.

    Driving through the alps. Annecy bound at last! We came here on our first European road trip in 2018 and always wanted to come back.

    Took the bus (freebie!) from camp into Annecy. Very changeable weather. Cloudy and rainy 1 min, sunny the next.

    A walk about town, wonder on the lake front and seeing some familiar sights.

    Moody skies on the way back. Storm brewing. So a night in the van: food, wine and many games of domino’s were had!

    The following day was a lot brighter and sunnier! There is a cycle path all round the lake so we did that. 23 mile bike ride with a picnic stop lake side. Really enjoyed this and great views.

    Meal out in Annecy on our final night. Cheese, wine and some more cheese!

    Other Annecy highlights: finding and buying Spice Girls on vinyl (sorry Joe!), nutella crepes, random holiday biscuit purchases in Carrefore, paddle boarding for Joe and running for Beth.
    Read more