Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 9

    Alleppey

    10 mei, Indië ⋅ ☁️ 32 °C

    We boarded this gorgeous 7 bedroom houseboat to cruise on the backwaters and have an overnight stay. Its lovely. The rooms are air-conditioned and ensuite. There is shaded seating near the captain steering wheel on the lower deck and a covered air-conditioned dining area on the upper deck with a small area exposed to the sun. They greeted us with fresh jasmine necklaces and fresh coconut water.

    I sat in the sun on the sail out to the middle of the lake. It was lovely to be doing a chilled out activity. For lunch we had a traditional Kerala fish meal on the banana leaf and a few of us tried eating with out hands. It was really delicious and one of my favourite meals of the trip. We had banana fritters for afternoon snack which were delicious. After that one of the group negotiated a small boat ride through the canals for £3 each. That little boat ride was dreamy. We went into the residential areas and saw lots of locals fishing, washing clothes and just getting on with life.

    We then had a lovely sunset on the boat followed by dinner. At dinner we all joined tables and had some good conversation.
    Meer informatie