Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Prague, Czech Republic

    September 10, 2015 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 59 °F

    We left Boston at 10:10 on a redeye last night. Arrived in Prague today at 1:40pm and got to the Questenberk Hotel via a prearranged transfer around 2:30. The transfer was very nice and we were charged a whopping $27. Probably expensive by Czech standards but we were grateful after a long travel day. We had a shower and a welcome drink with the reception staff on the hotel terrace. Our first beer was Pilsner Urquell, not the best option to start off our beer vacation. The hotel staff was very welcoming and gave us many ideas.

    We walked down the huge hill, across the Charles Bridge and through Old Town, meandering our way to Dish Burger Bistro for a 6pm reservation. This was recommended to me by Prague Foodie Tours as their favorite burger in Prague. On the way we got caught in the rain, the only rain we would see in Prague and the only time we were without our umbrella. On the way we got our very first trdelnik, a roasted dough tube covered with cinnamon sugar. So YUMMY!

    Dinner was good but nothing special. Myron got a burger with port wine caramelized onions and gran morovia cheese. Sherilyn got a burger with goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, fig jam and arugula. Both of us got garlic parm fries with house ketchup and garlic aioli. We walked back to the hotel which took about an hour and felt like it was uphill the whole way.
    Read more