Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Prague, Czech Republic

    September 11, 2015 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☁️ 59 °F

    We had breakfast of a trdelnik and cappuccino to go. Myron got the regular one (cinnamon sugar) and I tried a coconut trdelnik. We walked down the huge hill and met Filip in Old Town for our free walking tour with Sandemann's New Europe. This lasted from 10am to 1:30pm with a beer break halfway through. The tour was very informative and went through the Old Town and Jewish Quarter.

    We had a quick lunch at Paneria Kaprova: Caprese panini for Myron and Spinach quiche and caprese salad for me. The food was good but nothing special.

    Nearby following lunch, we met up with Kathryn for the Castle Tour at 2:30pm, from the same company as the walking tour. We walked to the tram and took that up to the castle complex. The tour took us through the monastery, St. Vitus Cathedral and Presidential Palace. The tour ended at 5:30 and included a short coffee break. We enjoyed the tour and thought it was useful to have a guide to bring us through the complex but we wished we had a different guide.

    We wandered around the castle gardens for a bit and admired the views of Prague. Such a gorgeous city with it's red rooftops! After a quick stop at the hotel to get our jackets, we made our way to Pivovarsky Klub, which was recommended by a few bloggers and was on Anthony Bourdain. Myron got venison goulash with bacon dumplings and I got roast duck with bacon mashed potatoes. The food was fantastic and so cheap! The restaurant was definitely out of the way and took awhile to walk to, but we thought that helped keep it from becoming too touristy. We decided to walk back to the hotel so we could digest better!
    Read more