Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Cusco, Peru

    August 16, 2013 in Peru ⋅ ☀️ 66 °F

    6AM wakeup, mediocre breakfast in Britania. at 7AM, departed for airport. 1 hour or so of creative driving to airport in bus. Lima drivers apparently don't have traffic laws. A couple of horus in the terminal, hectic boarding and extra wait on the plane (bad weather in Cusco). Eventually short flight to Cusco. Met at airport by Max. Short ride to Hotel Prisma, small quaint hotel, almost like a hostel, very dorm-esque. Quick meeting and a coca tea.

    Max took us on a quick tour of Cusco. Started off wandering to San Pedro market and church, meandered through streets, next to San Francisco Plaza/Church, to Plaza de Armes. Max released us and we were free for the rest of the day. We bought some art for 150 soles, we went to a restaurant called "Haylliy Cafe" was pretty good. Prix Fixe for as cheap as 11soles, but we got the 17soles option. Alpaca steak and trout steak with rice, fries and veggies. Did some shopping and eventually returned to the hotel to change. Met up with Lara and went for a quick walk around to see Cusco at night. Eventually settled on Inkazuela. Can only describe it as a soup/stew-based menu. Split a spinach/cheese appetizer (with some pisco sours). Got Andean stew (lamb and chicken with beans). S got a coconut curry chicken stew. After dinner we made our way back to the hotel.
    Read more