Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Cusco, Peru

    August 20, 2013 in Peru ⋅ ☀️ 66 °F

    We slept in today until 7:30AM (haha).

    Quick breakfast at hotel. We ran into Michael and Sylvia from Ecuador, who were starting their Inca Trail journey on 8/22. After breakfast, we walked around the city and sat in Plaza San Francisco and Plaza Recogsio just people watching. Went to Cacao Museum at 10:30AM when it opened. Interesting self-guided tour. Had hot chocolate (Mayan style for Myron and European style for Sherilyn). Very fresh and interesting - we basically got a pitcher of steamed milk, melted chocolate and spices to mix our own drink.

    After, we sat in Plaza Recogsio for a half hour or so. Walked to lunch and Myron got deep fried cuy (guinea pig) and Sherilyn got aji de gallina. Very tasty, almost whole restaurant was filled with Peruvians.

    We walked to Plaza de Armas and sat in the sun for 1/2 hour or 1hr. Decided to walk to San Blas area. We had coffee (latte/cappuccino) at Jack's Cafe (American-Style cafe) and walked up to San Blas hill. Great views of Cusco and artisinal shops. Walked for awhile until dusk, ended up in an art studio where we bought an oil painting for 110soles. Back to the hotel to drop off our goodies and pack.

    Dinner was at Nuna Raymi again. Myron got alpaca with mushroom-peach sauce and Sherilyn got pork with pina colada sauce. back to the hotel at 9:30PM.
    Read more